BAE are looking for an experienced hardware engineer to work in a team environment across the full engineering lifecycle, including:
- Hardware Requirements Specification and Management
- Hardware Design
- COTS Selection and Supplier Liaison
- Hardware Assembly
- Integration of sub-systems
- Hardware Verification
- Installation (e.g. into an Air Platform environment)
As a specialist hardware engineer, you will be expected to:
- provide thought leadership in the hardware engineering approach
- offer innovative hardware solutions to requirements and technical challenges
- lead hardware activities and teams
- conduct coaching of less experienced engineers
- deliver procedural and technical guidance and rigour
- execute tasks proactively and independently
Your existing skills and qualifications as a Hardware Engineer should ideally include a number of the following:
Competence and knowledge in:
- COTS integration within a secure environment
- Electrical Design and Installation
- Systems integration within Air platform environment
- Electronics/Embedded Computing
- Thermal Dynamics, Analysis and Test
- Configuration management
- Technical documentation
- 3D CAD Design and Analysis
- Power Systems Design for Electronics/COTS items
- Structural and Safety Analysis and understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Design of equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC/T, Environmental etc. (awareness of DEF-STANS)
This role requires full Security Clarence (SC) prior to working onsite.
You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain Security Clearance.
This role involves direct access to ITAR Materials; therefore, we can only consider a sole British National for this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.