Day to day responsibilities:
The Project Manager will work closely with and assist the Construction Director in day-to-day management of all fit-out construction sites.
Project Responsibilities including:
- Setting out, managing and driving forward project programmes and ensuring foremen / lead carpenters understand and comply with them.
- Site supervision at all levels.
- Delivering high quality work within budgets agreed with the Director.
- Keeping a firm overview of project progress to enable identification and resolution of potential cases of delay.
- Managing site plans onsite and requesting further information without causing delay to the project.
- Creating weekly work plans for site workers and regularly checking progress of these.
- Leading and motivating staff, subcontractors and suppliers to deliver projects within agreed timescales and to quality standards.
- Working closely with the Design team to ensure designs are both buildable and built as intended and to budget.
- Sourcing suppliers, preparing bill of quantities for fit out specifications, timetabling deliveries and special orders.
- Disciplining staff whenever required and training foremen and lead carpenters to take greater responsibility for managing staff.
- Tendering for supply and sub-contracted works.
- Ensuring that all health & safety and company procedures are adhered to on site and advocate general good working practice on site.
- Attending office and site meetings as required.
- Liaising with clients and their consultants to ensure projects run smoothly.
- Assisting the Managing Director as required.
Business responsibilities, including:
- Client liaison as authorized by the Construction Director
- Manage performance of contract as authorized by Construction Director
- Identifying and implementing cost and time savings by improving efficiency throughout site work.
- Maintaining the system for tracking tools on hire with an aim to reducing costs.
- Maintaining the company subcontractor induction and sign off procedure.
- Maintaining the company’s automated staff clocking system.
- Conduct a review process with project staff.
- Identify training needs of all staff and monitor progress.
- Shared office responsibilities including telephone answering, diary and email management, document control etc.
- As a key member of the company you must display motivation, strong leadership qualities with drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to prioritise and work swiftly through a range of varied tasks to meet deadlines.
- High level of professionalism when dealing with clients, colleagues, suppliers etc and willingness to uphold our standards and encourage them in others.
- Willingness to manage working day around tasks, and work overtime when required, enabling the above.
- Willingness to undertake a range of responsibilities, which extend beyond core skills as to be expected in a small business.
- Ability to review own performance and set goals for self-improvement.
Core hours 8am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Overtime and flexibility required in order to meet the demands of the role. This will include some Saturday mornings according to the demands of the projects.
Fixed annual salary TBC paid monthly in arrears comprising a performance-related bonus package.
Holiday paid at full pay for 28 days inclusive of bank holidays.
You will be joining a progressive firm where you can have significant influence and directional impact. Your views and opinions will be highly influential in the development of this area of the company and therefore you will have significant responsibility for the success of the company and the development your future within it. We seek to retain successful staff and strongly encourages self-development and improvement.