Key Responsibilities/ Requirements
· Site delivery phase of allocated project as directed by Site Managers & Project Managers.
· All aspects of mechanical installation works.
· To ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each project.
· To provide a service at all times to the nominated Project Manager by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied are supplied in accordance with the drawings and scope.
· To undertake actions delegated by Project Managers.
· To identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and issue directions as authorized by Site Managers & Project Managers.
· To assist Site Manager & Project Manager with managing inhouse resource, contractors, sub-contractors and dealing with technical queries.
Programme and Commercial
· Deliver projects to agreed outputs for cost, time and quality.
· Prompt notification to Site Manager /Project Manager/ Contract Manager of any changes in scope, access, delays, client requirements etc.
· Provide regular feedback to Site Managers & Project Managers on resource requirements and delivery related issues.
Health & Safety
· Carrying out health, safety and environmental inductions.
· Determining and delivering necessary toolbox talks and other site safety briefings are required.
· Ensuring that all site staff work within their ability.
· Ensuring all site staff understand the nature and extent of the work to be undertaken, especially any hazards to staff or others including members of the public that may arise and the precautions to be taken.
· Ensuring there is provision of the necessary protective clothing and safety equipment and ensuring it is worn / used correctly.
· Devising appropriate safe systems of work and ensuring that they are followed at all times.
· Checking that all plant, machinery, power and hand tools are maintained in good condition and inspected at the required intervals.
· Maintaining Health & Safety records including; induction, training, RAMS (Risk Assessments and Method Statements), site attendance records, daily briefings, toolbox talks, allocation of PPE, Lifting equipment, PUWER, audits and inspections.
· Ensuring that suitable welfare facilities are provided to Company staff and sub-contractors and they are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
· Ensuring that, if any hazardous substances are used or form part of the working process then; COSHH Assessments are prepared and briefed to all personnel.
· Ensuring that site staff sign in and out at all times.
· Co-operating with the Health & Safety Manager, HSE Inspectors and other agencies.
· Reporting accidents and incidents in accordance with Company procedures.
· Ensuring the reporting of incidents, accidents, thefts, QESH observations, near misses and environmental incidents.
· Relationship management.
o Proven ability in adapting style and approach to suit productive working with colleagues at all levels.
o Proven ability in liaison with external clients and suppliers.
o Strong written and oral communication skills.
Qualifications & Experience Required
· Holds relevant qualifications, to fulfil duties and accountabilities.
o CSCS card (Essential)
o EUSR Water Hygiene Card (Essential)
o SSSTS (Essential)
o Full valid UK Driving Licence (Essential)
o Confined Space (Essential)
o CPCS - Slinger Signaller (Essential)
o CPCS Telehandler (Desirable)
o IPAF (Desirable)
o Installation and supervision roles in engineering and construction. (Essential)
o Competent in site delivery of projects. (Essential)
· Well versed and up to date with health and safety aspects of construction activities. (Essential)
· Practical working knowledge of Water and Wastewater Treatment Processes. (Desirable)
· Ability to read and understand engineering / construction drawings and related design documents. (Essential)
· Have worked with both drinking water and wastewater clients and tier 1 contractor who operate in that sector.(Desirable)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.