- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- To plan and manage the delivery of a number of approved schemes of with within the Transforming City Fund (TCF) programme (rapid bus, cycle, active travel zone, city centre and central station), delivering within agreed parameters to achieve successful outcomes and to ensure projects are executed effectively.
- To initiate, plan and manage the delivery of projects and initiatives in line with TCF Programme priorities
- Successful achievement of agreed project outcomes (including benefits realisation) through active delivery management
- To engage with key stakeholders and ensure effective communication support for project, including carrying out consultation with stakeholders, Members and public as required
- Overall ownership of the project budget, ensuring all resources are balanced and deployed appropriately
- Maintaining formal project controls (schedule, cost, risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) - ensuring these are visible, accessible, updated and acted upon
- Active identification and escalation of dependencies, including appropriate engagement with other projects (within and outside the programme).
- To ensure projects contribute to achievement of relevant programme outcomes and benefits.
- Managing third party costs and contributions to the project, including undertake procurement and establishment of maintenance contracts if required
- Line management of other TCF Programme team members, and functional matrix management of wider project team resources, including coordination of relevant partners.
- To work flexibility and collaboratively to ensure the success of the team.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional experience
Working conditions / environment:
- Home working but also visiting site/contractors
Knowledge/Experience and Skills
- Experience of delivering complex public transport/active travel/cycle infrastructure schemes and/or creating liveable spaces in communities
- Experience of partnership working and establishing frameworks
- Experience of managing consultants or partners in the delivery of high cost/high profile public infrastructure schemes
- Effective initiation and planning of projects, including engagement of stakeholders, to set projects up for successful delivery
- Experience of defining scope, products and deliverables including appropriate resourcing and ensuring these are delivered to agreed time, cost, quality and compliance objectives.
- Experience of successful delivery of a range of projects through the full project lifecycle, ideally within the transport industry
- Experience of overseeing project level governance and management of key stakeholders in addition to project / multiple work stream reporting
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum directly on 01489882575
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.