An exciting opportunity for a qualified lift engineer in Cornwall has arisen with my client, a specialist in the design, installation, service, repair, modernisation and refurbishment of all types of passenger, goods and platform lifts.
The successful individual for the role of the Lift Engineer will be responsible for;
• Responding to emergency breakdown call outs.
• Performing minor repairs to lift within designated service routes in order to get the lift functioning correctly.
• Taking part in a regular call out rota, ensuring night calls are attended to in a timely manner.
• Ensuring all assigned jobs are completed in a safe working environment.
• Reporting to the Service Manager, logging all completed duties using written and electronic methods.
• Performing routine checks and maintenance to lifts within the assigned service route.
• Assisting other engineers on larger jobs, covering them in absence to aid the completion of their service route.
The ideal candidate for the role of the Lift Engineer will;
• Be NVQ Level 3 Qualified (Or Equivalent) in Lift Service & Maintenance.
• Have previous experience working alone on a night-call rota.
• Be used to performing routine service and maintenance checks to lifts.
• Be able to perform minor repairs on lifts.
• Hold a UK Driving License
• Have their own tools to be able to perform service and repairs on lifts.
• Be willing to travel within a Cornwall service route, and be willing to work outside of office hours if necessary.