The Engineering Manager - Defence is a full time permanent position and is responsible for providing technical and managerial expertise to Gattaca Project's growing Defence Group. Accountable for the production and review of technical materials associated with Defence sector solutions and for ensuring that the Defence portfolio of projects is delivered within budget and timescale. To continually assess the performance of the projects and its resources and support continuous improvement. Responsible for management of the department targets and budgets. Promote effective communication with Gattaca Projects and the supporting departments. Project values will typically range from £100K to £10M.
Accountabilities & Key Responsibilities
Accountable for providing and approving technical solutions. Ensure quality of engineering design solutions in accordance with the appropriate project processes and procedures. Ensure compliance with Gattaca Projects and quality, environmental, safety, and health requirements, in all activities undertaken.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Sound understanding of Engineering Principles.
- Ability to produce reports, instructions, specifications, Engineering drawings, CAD models and presentations. Experience in application of quality standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates autonomy in management of own time and workload to meet key milestones.
- Capable of maintaining effectiveness in a pressurised work environment.
- Sound analytical skills and an ability to make reasoned judgements.
- Good oral, written and presentational skills with a particular aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing.
- Experience of team planning, working and reporting within multi-discipline project teams in a highly regulated industry.
- Excellent management skills including problem solving, decision making and effective resource (people, budget, equipment) coordination.
- Evidence of successfully leading cross-functional teams in a complex project environment.
- Experience managing a range of Engineering projects within the Defence Environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Project Management practices.
- Experience of initiating, directing and conducting risk and opportunity identification and management.
- Good, clear and concise communication style (oral and written), with the ability to compile and present documents to both internal and external peers and Senior Managers.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases.
- Academically qualified as an Engineer with a recognised university Engineering (or equivalent) degree qualified.
- Registered Chartered Engineer and Membership of an engineering institution.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in relevant industry and discipline.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a team lead or management role that coordinated design activities and involved direct staff management and individual team member activity planning.
- UK National.
- Full UK driving license.
- SC Security Clearance (highly desirable) - Must be able to obtain SC Security Clearance.
- Willing to travel within UK and internationally (holding a valid UK passport).
- Committed to carrying out the continuing professional development necessary to ensure competence in areas and at the level of future intended practice.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.