An Application GIS Specialist is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Worthing.
Overall purpose of the role
Our Client is currently going through an exciting IT transformation which will strategically change the way it delivers IT support and services to its business and end users. To help support this strategic initiative, a new IT Application services unit is being introduced, which will become the delivery unit for end users requiring IT support and services along with support delivering strategic and tactical projects.
This position is part of Application services team helping deliver the departments overall objectives in the short and long term. The role will be expected to liaise with the Solution Architecture, Service delivery and project delivery counterparts, to ensure that the applications are supported & projects are delivered to the highest standards.
Scope of role
Primary scope of the role would be :-
* Implement new business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
* Support new project implementation aligned with business objective and solution architecture.
* Implement new releases of existing business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
* Produce specifications and designs for application and its components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
* Specify, design and maintain mechanisms for storage and access to both structured and unstructured information, in support of business information needs.
* Design, create, test and document new and amended programme components, configuration, SQL, packages, code base and programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards.
* Develop, implement and report the findings of suitable test schedules to measure and improve the quality of application solutions being deployed, to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
* Facilitate productive relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the Planning management and implementation of business change, as applicable.
* Support and maintain the database infrastructure which underpins the Company's business applications and enterprise reporting requirements.
* Provide estimates for scope of works and associated resourcing requirements for project planning purposes.
* Experience in delivering support services in asset management application space.
* ESRI experience (specific to Water industry)
* Experience in managing system governance, data along with business engagement for GIS management systems
* Experience of managing GIS solution including GIS tools, Autodesk GIS, MapGuide, Mobile GIS, Geofield, address applications along with custom developed applications.
* Experience in working in zero unplanned downtime environment Capability:
* In-depth knowledge of the GIS management systems products and development framework with a proven track record of supporting, implementing and improving applications
This role is to start asap and will pay up to £680 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.