***Service Engineer (Lab Equipment) ***
Temp to perm or straight permanent position
Roles available covering the South and North
Competitive plus overtime
This rapidly expanding company specialises in the maintenance and service of instrumentation. Their major markets include power, water, pharmaceutical and process. With a view to growing by 20% next year, this company need to recruit experienced good instrumentation technicians to ensure projects are completed to deadlines.
What the role will involve:
Working in laboratories, the technician will be maintaining lab equipment incl. Fridges, Centrifuges, Incubators, Microscopes, Pipettes, and Balances.
This will incl.
- Heat mapping refrigeration devices
- Re-gassing refrigerators
- Fixing faulty items such as lid locking mechanisms
- Read, interpret and fix electronic error codes on equipment
- Check wiring is in good order
- Ensure equipment such as Centrifuges are tacho’ing at the correct rate
- Check electronics with a volt metre
- Basically ensure equipment is working properly
- You will also conduct PPM, reactive and preventative maintenance on this equipment
- You will complete and store all relevant documentation such as test certificates
- You will represent the company on-site and need to dress and act accordingly
What the company are looking for in the contractor:
- Has experience of maintaining / servicing lab equipment incl. Fridges, Centrifuges, Incubators, Microscopes, Pipettes, Balancers
- Has experience of calibrating, repairing, servicing, cleaning and validating this equipment
- Has experience of PPM, reactive and preventative maintenance on this equipment
- Stable background
- F-Gas Full Certification (nice to have)
What the company can offer the contractor.
- Product Training.
- Opportunity for permanent role.
- Technical and career progression.
What the company do.
- Maintenance and service of Instrumentation.
- Focus on the pharmaceutical and process industry.
- Increasing turnover by 20% year on year.
To apply to this vacancy or to enquire about any other of the opportunities ATA has to offer please call 0116 2167015 and ask for Robert Weatherhead. Alternatively please send your CV to [email protected] or visit to see all of our current vacancies.