These roles carry considerable responsibility and opportunity as you will be accountable for managing a delivery team, planning and providing support to front line commands.
You will deliver the capability, platform or equipment in accordance with customer agreements by using demand, supply and project management skills and techniques.
You will engage stakeholders and create rapport to drive and deliver outcomes in a way that identifies risks and recommend clear, viable mitigating actions. Your approach will be to listen, understand and to respect the value of different views, ideas and ways of working to make ongoing improvements to delivery while bringing your stakeholders on the journey with you.
Given the dynamic environment, no two days will be quite the same; one may find you conducting a rolling, regular review of the requirements you look after with your customer and the front line commands to ensure the successful ongoing improvements. Another may involve meeting with your suppliers regarding specific issues and developing bespoke but scalable solutions that minimize service or capability downtime and optimise costs associated with the support.
This is a challenging and highly involved post that requires sound judgement and first-rate influencing skills to manage the ever-changing picture and needs. A practical, positive and results-orientated approach combined with knowledge of our operations is essential to succeed as you will often need to determine which activity is a priority at what time. You will need to translate aims into clear manageable plans for your team. Regularly interpreting management information to provide valuable business insights.
In cases where the deliverable or platform is not being delivered to the required quality, cost or timescales you will need to identify the issues and take appropriate action. This will require you having great customer and supplier management skills along with the ability to manage teams made up of many disciplines, making sure everyone is working and communicating with each other to deliver your clear plan of action.
To succeed, you will need to be highly proactive with a continuous improvement mindset. Managing teams you will encourage a culture of imaginative thinking, learning from experience and expanding mindsets to challenge the status quo to continually drive for improved quality. The position requires you to work across different areas of the DE&S as well as in all stages of the product lifecycle.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Significant experience of working within at least one of the following fields: Operations Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Technical Through-Life Support, Commerical or Finance/Accounting.
* Experience of making clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for service delivery using operations management disciplines to provide management to a cross functional team and stakeholders to meet agreed service levels whilst remaining within cost, quality, time and safety envelopes.
* Experience of managing a team through a change that you initiated and developed as a result of a continuous improvement activity, which improved the delivery of an output that was valuable to the customer and/or your business.
* Exceptional organisational, influencing and communication skills with leadership capabilities, including stakeholders.
* Experience of managing the delivery of contract requirements and budgets, including monitoring actual spend and updating forecasts accordingly.
Apply with your CV which clearly demonstrates the following areas (which you will be assessed against):
* Key Achievements
* Relevant Experience
* Applied Knowledge and Skills
Closing date for applications is Sunday 15th November at 11:55pm.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check (SC).
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.