HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for our public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Are you passionate about making a difference and shaping an organisation to be a great place to work?
Are you looking to work with an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives, an organisation with strong social values?
If so – and you have a strong HR operations background – we would love to hear from you.
These posts are full time however applicants who wish to work alternative working patterns are welcome to apply. The preferred working pattern may or may not be available, agreement will be subject to business need, and any request to work an alternative working pattern should be made prior to your acceptance of the provisional offer
We’re looking for a Head of HR Shared Services to lead on operational HR activity, from onboarding, to exit - with no two days ever the same. This is a great opportunity for someone who has worked in a large organisation as part of an HR shared services function and can provide a hands-on and strategic management role. This is a role that presents a real opportunity to get involved in a wide range of projects and initiatives, as well as keeping the day-to-day operations running smoothly.
With Covid-19 we have radically changed the way we work, now more than ever HR have a critical role to help the organisation meet new challenges head on and it is an exciting time to help shape the way we do things, not just for now, but in the future.
We are looking for applicants who have a passion for delivering excellent ‘can-do’ HR services and a keen focus on ensuring a great customer experience. Working in partnership with others across HR and the wider business you will have an engaging, solutions-oriented approach. Excellent influencing, coaching and problem-solving skills are essential for this role and you’ll either be CIPD or ODP qualified or have equivalent experience.
If successful you will be expected to:
• Shape solutions for HR Shared Services (HRSS) including a robust operating model that is optimised for delivery, now and in future.
• As the Business Process Owner, be data driven in solutions, understand how our processes support wider deliverables and work with stakeholders to ensure we meet the broader business need.
• Develop and agree Service Level Agreements with HR Managers and Business Partners, establishing KPI’s to monitor and report on performance levels.
• Supporting the People Analytics and insight function, provide reporting of employee data to inform business decisions.
• Create a culture of customer service excellence in all aspects of HR Shared Services activities.
• As a leader of 300+ people, you must be passionate about creating a positive team culture across the four sites (Worthing, Liverpool, Newcastle and Glasgow), making HR Shared Services a great place to work.
• You will support and implement the annual pay review process, making sure HRSS is ready to deliver for the c.65,000 colleagues across the business.
• You should be knowledgeable and experienced in HR Information Systems, keeping up to date with technology and potential opportunities to improve the way we operate.
• Champion efficiency and standardisation across Shared Services, linking into the wider government shared service agenda.
• You will have a focus on continual development of the HR service, monitoring and evaluating relevant employment legislation, assessing the impact on HMRC and ensuring legal compliance.
• A relevant professional qualification i.e. CIPD or ODP or equivalent or substantial experience within the field.
• Extensive and wide ranging operational and strategic management experience in a large and complex organisation.
• Significant experience of people management in a large-scale operation.
• Evidence of leading on resource and financial management, including evidence of managing and developing budgets at a strategic level, and ensuring rigorous monitoring and control procedures.
• Proven track record of harnessing technology to deliver efficiencies.
• A record of success in promoting diversity and creating equality in service delivery and employment. Experience in delivery of high-quality customer service.
• Proven success in developing effective strategic working relationships and partnerships with a range of agencies and communicating and influencing others.