If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you! DE&S and the SDA are integral parts of UK Defence supporting our Armed Forces across Strategic, Land, Sea, Air and Nuclear Submarines; responsibilities include procurement, in service support and disposal.
Our work is of unparalleled strategic importance and delivers some of the most technically complex programmes in Defence. As a Project Controls Management expert and holding a Senior Management position within Project Controls, this high-level opportunity could see you working on a diverse and exciting variety of tasks, including - major once-in-a-lifetime projects, helping to shape Project Controls teams, developing new ways of working, and managing and developing the people.
Due to security requirements, posts may be reserved for sole UK Nationals only. Some of the posts will require more in depth security checks (Developed Vetting)
Do you have the experience to:
*Manage and Lead PC cost, schedule and risk specialisms, ensuring that they work as an integrated team and produce and analyse the data to produce coherent outputs
*Offer strategic advice and influence senior stakeholders on complex issues regarding project performance
*Manage pan project resource planning with Project Managers and Operations Managers, managing and demanding project resource in line with the project schedule
*Ensure effective operation of PC across the DE&S/ SDA & industry interface, working with industry counterparts to build and sustain strong relationships and they deliver to time, cost and quality
This position will work closely with other Projects disciplines and be the "right hand" to the Project/Programme Managers responsible for developing and delivering high quality and professional Project Controls services across a variety of high value and complex projects and portfolios.
As a Project Controls Manager, you will be responsible for setting and maintaining performance measurement baselines, directing and integrating all aspects of Earned Value Management (EVM), cost management, estimating, scheduling and risk management as well as providing analysis of progress and driving agreed recovery actions.
Your responsibilities may include;
* To act as the focal point and to integrate all project controls activities on the Major Projects Portfolios
* Analyse performance of projects and portfolios to drive effective delivery
* Work closely with Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, Senior Stakeholders and Commercial teams to ensure that contractors and suppliers data is received in a timely manner, in an appropriate format and to the required quality
* Analyse performance of projects and portfolios and communicate it clearly and simply to ensure understanding and effective delivery
* Manage and co-ordinate portfolio resource planning in line with the project schedule
* Manage and drive the assurance and control of scope and change through robust assumptions management and change control mitigation to ensure that only documented authorised changes are made at the right level
* Writing, maintaining and embedding policy, processes and procedures to ensure team compliance.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience in at least one of cost control, scheduling or risk management sub functions or equivalent experience in another project role. Must also have experience of a Project Support role, or a previous PCM assignment
* Proven team leadership, management and development skills
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* APM or PMI qualifications to underpin PC experience
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
* Controlling a Project (Practitioner)
* Stakeholder Management (Practitioner)
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
Role shuts on Sunday 22nd November
* Communicating and influencing
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.