Store keeper needed in Barnsley £10.41ph ref 404998
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis.
• To play a key role in the management and leadership of the service area, ensuring that the service objectives are achieved.
• Liaise, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior managers, employees, businesses, contractors and members of the public.
• Continuously review and evaluate service provision to ensure it is fit for purpose to drive continuous improvement including the forward planning of deliveries to meet seasonal or cyclical service demands.
• To resolve customer care and service provision issues raised in connection with service users.
• To assist with the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and initiatives designed to improve service delivery. To identify and implement any changes to ensure effective performance
• Handling Income of monies in the form of cash, electronic payments and cheques in line with the councils financial standing orders
• Check and coordinate deliveries against invoices and record information on the council’s financial systems.
• Supporting fleet mechanics and issue tools/equipment and parts
• Issue and maintain accurate records of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Issue fuel, maintain and report fuel stock levels and usage either verbally or through computer based system.
• Manual handling of large items and upkeep of all equipment to the Authority’s requirements i.e. tools, lifting equipment.
• Working in a stores and depot environment to ensure continuous stock inventory checks (recording and monitoring) and replenish items to agreed minimum levels.
• Ensuring COSHH, Risk Assessments are adhered to and kept up to date.
• Assist in maintaining daily Boiler checks and top up biomass woodchip bunker to ensure heating is maintained with in the depot buildings check stock levels of fuel in back up oil boiler.
If you are interested in the role, or you would like a full job description, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.