Operating as a core member of a central Management Information team you will lead the development of MI products within an ambitious DE&S wide Business Intelligence and Analytics programme. This is a hands-on post you will be technically competent and capable of working in accordance with the Business Management Information Strategy. Operating as a middle manager, to be successful in this post you will have the ability to positively engage and manage a broad range of stakeholders from middle to senior management level.
Typical main responsibilities:
* Provide analytic solutions across the whole business with a focus on Delivery Project Performance Management.
* Gather data requirements from stakeholders, interpret the data and shape data sets to fulfil requirements and provide insights from initial analysis to inform detailed requirements for deliverable solutions.
* Responsible for data manipulation and visualisation to further exploit data to support effective business decision making.
* Carry out KPI requirement analysis, gap analysis and other analytics procedures to support the Team Leader in providing management information to senior stakeholders.
* Manage Data and ensure alignment with MOD or other relevant regulations.
* Active participation in MI and Data Analytics community.
This role is RESERVED for Sole UK Nationals.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Knowledge and demonstrable experience of working within Business Analytics
* Have a strong understanding in either data modelling, ETL concepts or Power BI
* Experience in data management and analysis of data in a large organisation.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Have a working knowledge of Oracle P3M, Unifer & MyHR.
* Have an interest & experience in Power BI would be advantageous
* Experience or familiar with data warehouse implementationFamiliar with BI architecture
* Microsoft SQL Server together with SQL Server Development Tools (SSIS, SSAS).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.