Based in Cambridgeshire, with a working from home opportunity, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced electronics engineer to join an exciting team of engineers developing new solutions within the automotive and motorsport sector.
The role requires a person who enjoys hands-on hardware development to come to a robust product solution. Previous experience of Digital or Analogue Systems is essential, preferably with a bias towards systems development from specification through to production handover.
The role shall include the following responsibilities:
- Development of electronics hardware for motorsport and automotive products
- Circuit design, analysis and documentation
- Design verification and validation testing
- Appropriate documentation of the design to allow long term support of the product
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to create world leading solutions.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Degree qualified in electrical and electronic engineering,
- Good quality engineering process understanding and appreciation,
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts,
- Able to work effectively in a team environment, or solo and self-managed,
- Solid oral and written communication skills,
- Good IT skills,
- Able to analyse and understand existing designs for product debug and evolution,
- Experienced in design for production,
- Effective PCB design incorporating both high and low power circuitry,
- Debug and bring-up skills,
- Analogue and digital electronics experience, preferably familiarity with:
- Microprocessors, FPGAs, controllers, high speed digital design and architectures
- Designing for low-noise, signal integrity and EMC as appropriate
- I/O interfacing using FETs, BJTs, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Amplifiers, filters and sensor signal conditioning for noise & performance goals
- Power Electronics, preferably including:
- Knowledge of power switching architectures
- Switched-mode and linear power supply design using different architectures
- DC Motor drives
- Actuator drives
- Previous automotive experience, including interfaces: CAN, LIN, FLEXRAY, BroadR-Reach
- FPGA development environments and/or VHDL
- Experience of PADS/ORCAD and LTSpice environments
- Design abilities including:
- Circuit simulation & design tolerance analysis
- Circuit electrical and thermal rating analysis
- Design for test, including JTAG, HALT, HAST
- Robust design including FMEA techniques
- Interfaces including:
Ethernet, GPS, Wireless, USB, RS232/485
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.