Physician Associate – Permanent (Part-Time)
Birmingham c. £30,000 pro rata plus Excellent Benefits and Pension
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physician Associate to join this rapidly growing Primary Care Network in Birmingham.
We are looking for Part-Time enthusiastic, committed and reliable Physician Associates to work closely with the existing clinical teams to deliver the best patient care. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop clinical skills in a positive and excellence focussed environment, working under appropriate clinical supervision to increase access of quality care for patients.
The responsibilities of the role include direct patient contact through assessment, examination, investigation, diagnosis and treatment and will play a key role in continuity of care for patients with long-term conditions.
Primary Duties and Areas of Responsibility
1) Provide first point of contact care for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems by utilising history-taking, physical examinations and clinical decision-making skills
2) Manage common chronic medical conditions, ensuring compliance with national guidelines and other quality initiatives as required
3) Support the management of patient’s conditions through offering specialised clinics following appropriate training including (but not limited to) family planning, baby checks, COPD, asthma, diabetes, and anticoagulation
4) Provide health/disease promotion and prevention advice, alongside analysing and actioning diagnostic test results.
5) Use clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice and partake in clinical audits, significant event reviews and other research and analysis tasks.
6) Participate in duty rotas; undertaking face-to-face, telephone, and online consultations for emergency or routine problems as determined by the PCN, including management of patients with long-term conditions.
Completed a post-graduate physician associate course (either PG Diploma or MSc)
Maintained professional registration with the Faculty of Physician Associates and/or the General Medical council following implementation of statutory regulation, working within the latest code of professional conduct (CIPD).
Ability to work with a range of clinical and non-clinical personnel as part of a team
Ability to work independently and effectively with a high degree of motivation
Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
If this vacancy is of interest, please send your CV through to Jessica Veiga at email@example.com or feel free to give us a call on 0203 006 5868.