Are you interested in working in education? Do you have some experience of supporting children/young people? Are you keen to provide valuable support to vulnerable young people?
If any of the above applies to you then get in touch regarding our SENd support role within a local secondary school.
A school in Middlesbrough are looking for a confident, experienced staff member, who's had experience working with children with significant barriers to learning including behaviour that challenges. You will be working in a mainstream class and ideally have experience working on a 1:1 or group intervention basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have some experience working with children/ young people, e.g. youth work / mentoring / tutoring / volunteering will all be considered.
- Be positive, friendly, confident, outgoing and unflappable under pressure
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for supporting children with SEN
- A degree isn’t essential but a willingness to get stuck in and support children with SEN is
- Be available full-time (Monday-Friday 8.30am-4:00pm).
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- 1:1 support with a child or small group
- Supporting the whole class as well as 1:1
- Supervising children during activities
- Helping prepare lessons in advance
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Acting as a motivator and role model
What’s in it for you?
- Gain first-hand experience in a school setting and enhance your CV
- Receive support, advice and guidance from experienced members of staff
- An opportunity to transform children’s lives and help them reach their full potential
- Opportunities to undertake courses during the holidays / half-terms