This is not the Civil Service as you know it! HMRC is continuing to implement bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is even more ambitious: by 2021 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
As part of HMRC’s Corporate Services, Customer Strategy and Tax Design Services, we are accountable for the digital strategy and end-to-end IT services to enable the Customer Strategy and Tax Design Directorate, whose purpose is to create a brilliant revenue and customs system for the future, as well as delivering exceptional IT services to our corporate services across the department.
We want to work with passionate, energetic people who are up for the challenge of delivering transformation on a huge scale, and who already have real hands-on experience of driving through digital change.
You will be using your deep technology, strategy and functional experience to work in partnership with our business and technology customers & stakeholders.
If you are passionate about how technology can improve our tax strategy, policy and design, and corporate services and you are eager to deliver excellent service fast and you want to work in a diverse and inclusive organisation, this will be a thoroughly rewarding role.
Our team is responsible for supporting the HMRC Indirect, Direct, Business Assets and International Tax Policy Teams and Operational Directorates to deliver its business through our SAP Enterprise Tax Manangement Platform. We are also responsible for exploiting SAP capability to support our Finance, HR and Procurement functions.
In brief, through the use of SAP we:
• Handle all the payments in and out of HMRC (£640BN+)
• Conduct millions of customer transactions and run HMRC’s operating budget
• Support the end to end tax management process
• Support the implementation of Tax Policy
• Ensure the benefits of technology investments are maximised
• Provide Banking Services to over 750 public organisations
• Provided HR and Procurement services
We are keen to attract individuals who can provide both leadership and technical direction to ensure the timely resourcing of IT Change Initiatives within the programme.
A lead role in Tier 1 of a three Tier SAP delivery model you will be involved with high-profile policy development, programs and initiatives. Remit includes supporting the business to understand and articulate their needs, advise on SAP capabilities and standards building strong, trusted relationships with wide ranging stakeholders.
Providing Agile delivery of standard solutions where possible, driving down complexity, understanding best fit, challenging where appropriate, reducing reliance on suppliers, cost to deliver and ongoing support and enhancement.
We are committed to provide expert functional support while we build our team, developing in-house capabilities to provide World Class SAP and business specific solutions.
Reporting directly to the Head of Business, you will lead our SAP business analyst function and with Business Relationship Managers, take the lead in developing internal/external senior stakeholder relationships. Encouraging adoption of new innovative and emerging technologies.
Working with multiple projects and teams you will be confident in your ability to empower, support and develop staff to achieve the highest performance standards. You will be comfortable providing direction, coaching and mentoring to others within an environment that values the contribution of everyone.
• Become active member of the leadership team, supporting corporate responsibilities/objectives and promoting both organisational level performance and continuous improvement.
• Create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, handle risks, roadmaps and vision statements.
• Pro-actively engage and develop close working relationships with all Senior Partners.
• Provide analysis of business requirements, providing SAP SME input to solution designs promoting data and process standards.
• Key contribution in developing SAP Application and digital transformation roadmap.
• Ensure designs are fit for purpose, deliver value for money and meet both business requirements and architecture blueprints.
• Key lead in SAP Service Design Authority, responsible for assuring that all SAP solutions and business services can be operated, supported and maintained.
• SME level SAP product and hands on knowledge of either HR, Finance, S/4 HANA and Tax and Revenue Management (TRM/PSCD) at application layer. Also, experience of SAP SaaS products such as Ariba, SuccessFactors, Concur, Fieldglass etc. Knowledge and expertise in integration including SAP Cloud Platform, SAP PI and SAP solution manager and SAP ILM.
• Responsibility for assurance of large SAP (and other business specific applications) estates serving different parts of large organisations, and experience of operating and maintaining SAP services and operational methods, procedures and tools.
• Validated leadership experience detailing your ability to empower, support and develop staff.
• A broad IT background specifically experience of working in a senior IT role within a large scale multi source development environment with a range of delivery partners.
• Previous involvement and responsibility of playing a key role in setting organisational objectives influencing policy, leading on technical and business change.
• Demonstrable ability to work with business and technology partners to translate business problems into technical designs.
• Excellent collaborative and communication skills including proven ability at a strategic level to influence wide ranging stakeholder community, including senior stakeholders.
• Ability to identify architecture sensitivities and cost drivers and work with partners to handle their impacts and take ownership for making key decisions at pace.
• Commercial experience in negotiating supplier contract management based on capability.
• Analysing complex multi-dimensional requirements, mapping to technical design/architecture. Ability to think at abstract, strategic levels relating this to the practical needs of software engineers.
• Experience of Application programming, security, operations, networking and design.
• Environment Requirements.
• Software and Databases.