Full-time (37 hours per week) Principal Infrastructure Funding Negotiator contract to start on 01-02-21 until 30-09-21 with a possible extension.
- To be the single point of contact for developers, district and workplace teams for a number of strategic development sites.
- To be responsible for the efficient and effective process and coordination of workplace teams involved with S106 requirements.
- To understand progress, critical timescales, resource implications, issues and risks and update the strategic sites programme accordingly.
- To be the intelligent client and instruct, manage and monitor production of the legal agreement, consulting with expert officers.
- To check service area’s responses to planning consultations (Single Response) for key sites and ensure requirements are reflected appropriately.
- To identify, justify, co-ordinate, negotiate and secure funding for workplace service infrastructure needs arising from development proposals in policy & planning documents and planning applications.
- To ensure that a clear audit trail is kept of negotiations and key decision and that all required approvals are obtained prior to S106 agreements being completed.
- To line manage Development Negotiators, supporting them with their negotiations, carrying out appraisals and providing training as required.
- Substantial experience working within planning, legal, infrastructure planning or delivery.
- Experience in negotiation with different organisations.
- Good understanding of finance – capital and revenue including indexation and inflation.
- Experience in understanding legal agreements and working with lawyers.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
Disclaimer: On applying for this vacancy, you agree that your personal details will be passed onto our client for their consideration of your suitability for the role. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to notify Teqniq Limited of any hirer who I do not want my details to be passed onto.