Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Corporate Services offers a challenging and stimulating variety of work in both delivery and support teams. The function utilises the expertise of eight specialisms that collectively enable the operational day-to-day running of the business to ensure that DE&S/SDA delivers its objectives and maintains compliance with the requirements of being part of a Department of State. We cover: Business Support; Comms, Media & Marketing; Infrastructure & Estate Management; Policy Profession; Sales & Disposals; Occupational Health, Safety & Environment; Quality Management; and Security.As a Business Support Administrator, you will be significant to the delivery of administrative support across specialisms as instructed and contained within the CSG Catalogue of Services and assignment specifications.
Providing pivotal administrative support to the Corporate Services Function, you will regularly interact with stakeholders at all levels across the business, commonly providing support and information as part of a team for those within your defined area.
Responsibilities as a Business Support Administrator will involve:
* Delivering administrative support across specialisms as instructed and contained within the CSG Catalogue of Services and assignment specifications.
* Acting as a key point of contact for internal and external specialism requests, providing advice and guidance, escalating to more senior colleagues where appropriate.
* Owning logistical elements of activities and events such as arranging travel, booking venues or coordinating visits.
* Supporting internal communications such as updating internal websites, distributing key information and acting as a focal point for other internal communications.
* Manage document production, processing and maintenance as instructed e.g. any relevant papers for meetings, administration of hard copy classified documents, processing security clearance documents etc. Successful applicants may have the opportunity to undertake the L3 NVQ Business Administration Apprenticeship (subject to eligibility criteria) upon completion of the probation period.
Due to the secure nature of positions, some posts will be reserved for Sole UK Nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Experience of using Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience of building relationships and working with internal and external stakeholders.
* Demonstration of the ability to manage work and deliver to time.
* Experience of analysing and interpreting information.
* Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent Level 2 qualification or higher.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
* Problem Solving
* Customer Focus
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
* Delivering at pace
* Managing a quality service
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
Role shuts on Sunday 7th February, so please ensure you send your CV on or before then
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.