The position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations within a defined production area.
The leader monitors and manages hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load.
The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
- Champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs).
- Drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, BOS, CIF, and HPWTs.
- Champion implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes.
- Achieve key BOS metrics including TRCR, Productive Utilization, On-Time Delivery, First Pass Yield and DPPM.
- Effective management of plant assets through leadership of maintenance and facilities resources.
- Champion implementation of MESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members.
- Provide the vision and strategy
- Lead by example - be a positive role model
- Actively engage and recognize employees
- Enable success of employees (providing resources and removing barriers)
- Empower employees - drive decision making down through organization
- Computer Skills: Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, process focused
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience in Manufacturing/Operations
- Experience of leading others
- Proficient in reading and writing English
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK, and adhere it ITAR restrictions.
Candidates will operate on a PAYE basis.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.