Our client is looking Principal Revenus Officer to work on a 40 hour week contract role to start on the 03-10-17 until the 01-01-18 with a likey extension to the contract.
Hours:08:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2017
Managing a team of frontline staff dealing with the administration of council tax. Knowledgeable in council tax legislation and regulations as the successful
candidate will be required to support staff, give advice/training, monitor performance, allocation of work. Also deal with staffing issues appraisals/sickness etc.
Dealing with complaints/appeals, representing the client at Tribunals.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To work with and support the council tax Revenues Manager in all aspects of the management of the Council Tax Team, to include valuation, billing, collection and recovery to committal stage. Your key objectives will be to deputise for the Revenues Manager in their absence, organise and prioritise the Team’s work to maximise income due from council tax. To also ensure there are proper controls in place and contribute to the system of performance management.
- To deal with customer accounts and queries, including written correspondence and phone calls accurately and within timescales to achieve high levels of council tax collection.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (including basic technical, communications skills, skills in dealing with people, etc and Equal Opportunities)
- Ability to supervise a Council Tax Team and deputise for the Revenues Manager.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and understand the requirement for controls.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage performance to achieve targets and service improvements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Well developed communication skills (both written and oral) including:
- Effective liaison with officers and external agencies;
- Ability to write high quality, concise and succinct letters and reports.
- Ability to motivate staff and develop positive working relationships with colleagues and all stakeholders S/I
- Ability to use management information to make decisions on workloads.
Ability to understand corporate objectives including the Client’s vision budget strategy and Best Value.
KNOWLEDGE (including Equal Opportunities)
- Extensive knowledge of Council Tax legislation, regulations and working practices. S/I
- Experience and detailed knowledge of the use of information communication technology as it relates to Council Tax S/I
- Understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Client’s Equlientality and Diversity policies. S/I
4. Understanding and appreciation of the importance of confidentiality.
Desirable – 5 GCSEs which includes Mathematics and English or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
Candidates having relevant experience but without the academic qualification are encouraged to apply.
The Client is committed to developing its employees and will support staff wishing to pursue relevant academic/professional studies for their career development.