A reputable electricity & energy provider is requiring an experienced Communications and Marketing Officer with experience of digital communications, website management and design to join them on an important and exciting programme of theirs. Strong Stakeholder identification and engagement is required, along with any experience in Graphic Design. Experience of working in the Utilities/Energy industry will be highly beneficial.
This is a time of unprecedented change for the electricity industry as we move from the old world of large, carbon intensive coal and gas-fired power plants to a much more complex, interconnected world of renewable energy, battery storage and electric vehicles. It's our job to maintain and safe and reliable electricity supply. You'll be working with the people at the heart of this once in a generation transition to help create the flexible, low carbon energy system of the future.
You'll be helping to tell our story and making sure it lands with our key audiences by turning complex projects into compelling narratives. You'll be executing a high profile external communications programme, creating engaging content for trade, national and social media, hosting digital events and making sure our messages land with our stakeholder base.
- Delivery of a high-profile communications programme across media, online and digital events
- Produce high quality written material, including internal and external communications, social media, marketing material and direct client communications
- Identifying and placing speakers at external events to get our experts in front of audiences we need to connect with, Briefing speakers and making sure their content sparkles
- Planning and organising external digital events, creating engaging events that will grasp the attention of our audience
- Creating digital content including videos, graphics and podcasts
- Proactively identifying opportunities to promote our work with key stakeholders
- Managing the production of printed and digital materials such as reports and marketing collateral
Person specification - Skills Essential
- Ability to quickly grasp complex issues and distil key points into compelling narratives that grab the audience's attention
- Experience of planning and delivering stakeholder engagement strategies is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience of planning, co-ordinating and delivering events
- Highly organised with experience of juggling multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Proven experience working in the media or external communications teams
- A team player, adaptable, quick and creative-thinking
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders including senior managers to deliver successful outcomes
- Commercially driven with experience of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Able to influence and drive collaboration between team members
- Educated to degree level in a subject or possessing relevant professional qualifications such as NCTJ, NCE, CIPR, CIM or equivalent
- Experience with the development of PowerPoint presentations and other design applications
- Video editing, photography,graphic design or content management systems like Sitecore skills would also be an advantage
- The successful candidate could be a marketing and communications generalist, but we'd welcome applications from anyone with experience in media relations, event management or stakeholder engagement
The role will is based in Central London but may require some travel to other offices across the South and East of England. Some remote work available currently due to COVID-19 but there will be a requirement to be in the office at least 1-2 days per week from the start.
Contract for an initial 6 months, paying up to £250 per day LTD/Umbrella.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.