This is an exciting time for HM Revenue & Customs as we continue to implement our bold plans to transform our IT and digital Services. Our aim is to become one of the most digital organisations in the UK and the plan is to be much bolder; by 2020 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world!
Mobility and Workplace Services is a Delivery Group within CDIO (Chief Digital Information Officer Group) and is the area responsible for the continued provision of the right tools and IT environment! We help develop a flexible working culture and workforce with the skills and capability to do their job.
You'll be working as part of the Office 365 Evergreen service where you will be providing technical expertise and implementation to changes and updates released by Microsoft to Office 365. You will lead and be hands on with technical implementation using all available technology (primarily M365, Power Platform and Azure) to build robust solutions. You will collaborate with different areas of the business to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and derive maximum value from O365 service. You will have an in-depth technical knowledge and understanding of how O365 applications interact and be adept in using your knowledge to identify and explore opportunities to improve services. Security will be high on your agenda- engineering solutions while mitigating against any threats is integral to the role. You will also be managing a team of staff.
• Deputise for the O365 Technical lead as the need arises.
• Line management responsibilities
• Build technical solutions by collaborating with user research teams to translate user stories into custom solutions that meet their needs
• Ensure solutions deliver the best possible user experience including ease of access for assistive technology colleagues
• Interpret non-technical requirements into solutions. Aim to automate processes where possible.
• Create, develop, improve and manage key O365 solutions for the organisation.
• Understand the impact any new O365 changes or new products will have on the organisation and provide potential solutions to overcome any challenges they bring.
• Utilise previous lessons learnt along with context of the organisation in the delivery of work that the organisation derives maximum value from O365 service. This includes recognising the potential for automation of processes, while assessing costs and benefits of new approaches where needed.
• Implement strong information security - designing solutions and services with security controls embedded for an organisation like HMRC
• Creation of test cases against new and existing solutions with focus on reliability, efficiency, usability, accessibility, maintainability and portability.
• Application support - reviewing and maintaining bespoke solutions to ensure a reliable
• Good technical knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite and specifically the Power Platform - Power App, Power Bi and Power Automate.
• In-depth understanding of how O365 applications interact/depend on each other, including an awareness/understanding of how Azure plays a part in managing O365.
• Experience of using PowerShell to administer Office 365 i.e. produce/amend PowerShell scripts to amend O365 product user policies.
• Experience of engineering bespoke solutions utilising M365, Power Platform or Azure solutions
• Awareness of the confidentiality and integrity of information systems and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
• Solid experience in designing, coding, testing and documenting complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications. Creating subsequent iterations by using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
• Proven line management experience.
• Formal Microsoft accreditation in Office 365 such as: M365, Power Platform, Azure
• Experience of working in an Evergreen environment utilising Agile DevOps methodology to lead and deliver Evergreen change.
• Experience of implementing bespoke solutions in a Government, Public Sector or Civil Service organisation.
At HMRC, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process.