JOB PURPOSE: Development of designs for water based projects, to a detailed standard for manufacture and construction. Delivery of calculations for pump hydraulics, data sheets for pumps and equipment, scheduling and specifying valves, developing pipe specifications and details to feed into a 3D Plant design within an agreed budget.
A mechanical design engineer developing designs for water based projects, to a detailed standard for manufacture and construction. Working to an agreed budget delivering calculations for pump hydraulics, data sheets for pumps and equipment, scheduling and specifying valves, developing pipe specifications and details to feed into a 3D Plant design.
Generate design for; mechanical drives, materials handling, lifting arrangements, static structures, screens and pipeline equipment.
Communicate with equipment suppliers to assess technical and produce a recommendation ready for purchase. Provision of design deliverables ready for construction and provision of technical support from office or at site.
Working within a multi-disciplined team detailing interfaces and working towards a coordinated BIM environment of collaboration to undertake clash detection internally and with client federated models. Able to recognise the need for specialist support.
Working with the project delivery team to an agreed programme against agreed deliverables is essential.
- You will be expected to work in line with the business QA system with a focus on continuous improvement of the company and products
- Design, development and specification of bespoke, new and existing products/processes where typical design requirements include:
- Data Sheets
- Drawing development
- Scope and specification production
- Supplier specifications, review, assessment and liaise with procurement
- Fabricator specifications, review, assessment and liaise with procurement
- Supplier document review
- Supporting Lead Engineer in internal design reviews
- Supporting client design reviews
- Supporting HAZOP
- Handover to site construction and site support, remote or at site
- Development of specifications for 3D Plant pipework and equipment alongside a detail design team
- Assist in site surveys
- Support commissioning and site maintenance teams in fault findingQUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND
- A formal Mechanical Engineering Qualification (Degree / HND) preferred but not essential
- 2D & 3D Plant Modelling & Drafting experience
- Knowledge of British Standards, water industry specification preferred, process industry design
- Some knowledge of specialist tools; FE Analysis, risk tools, modelling
- Ability to carry out hand calculations (pump hydraulics, basic structures, mechanical loadings, mechanical drive trains, chemical dosing)
- Usage of Document Management Systems (ProjectWise or other)
- A good knowledge of materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steels, structural steels, elastomers and performance plastics
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; machining, welding, surface treatments etc.
- Be able to communicate effectively regarding matters of a technical nature to customers
- Experience working with bespoke systems / machine design and manufacture
- Design of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply
- Driving license
- LOLER, PED, DSEAR
- CSCS card desirable but not essential
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
- Flexible - working from home or in the office, with ability to visit sites
- Good Communicator - influence a positive outcome in terms of driving the mechanical output
- Technically astute - have a genuine interest in and knowledge of water treatment process plant, mechanical equipment, standardisation and even product development
- Resourceful - know when and who to ask/deploy to get the work done in line with the agreed plan
- Organised - able to work to clear deliverables, report progress, able to give feedback, drive to deliver without need to be driven by others
- Completer/Finisher - proven track record of closing out design outputs that will stand up to review
- Team Player - willing to contribute to and support the overall project delivery team and support the wider project delivery team and management
- Innovative/Developmental - proactively develop best practices to continuously improve the future performance of the design team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.