Defence Munitions Receive Store, Maintain & Issue a wide range of munitions that used by the UK armed forces to train, protect and serve anywhere in the world. Our Defence Munitions staff work closely with DE&S project teams and front-line commands in order to ensure our troops have the right items at the right time. We work as an important part of the wider MoD establishment that supports, procures and supplies our troops, providing them with a range of munitions from bullets, shells, and flares up to and including and Complex Weapons such as high-calibre ammunition and guided or targeted weapons. Our Defence Munitions staff work closely with the DE&S project teams ensuring the front line commands have the correct munitions to train, protect and serve anywhere in the world.
You will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all loads, including vehicles staging overnight, together with the preparation of documentation associated with the movement of Munitions to UK and world-wide destinations by road, rail, sea and air.
You will be passionate about safety and process, closely following the guidance and procedures that mean ammunition and explosives are handled in a safe, effective and consistent fashion
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, hard-working and organised individual who is willing to become knowledgeable in explosives and non-explosives inventory and warehousing.
As a multi-skilled individual capable of being flexible, you will also operate a range of manual handling equipment and related vehicles such as cranes and other lifting equipment. It should be noted that work is often undertaken in unusually difficult or challenging environments such as outside in poor weather or working at heights and within confined spaces with materials such as explosives or live ammunition. Given this, a safety conscious approach that embraces a responsible way of working is essential.
Responsibilities will include:
* Receipting, storing, issuing and managing our inventory.
* Working on a range of associated documentation and Logistics IT Systems, all to ensure that our armed forces are correctly supported and supplied in a timely and effective fashion.
* Adhere to production schedules and targets with due regard to safety, time, cost and quality.
* Able to operate a variety of MHE (Material handling equipment) including cranes and vehicles and be proficient in the use of hand tools required for their duties.
* Maintain a high standard of security, cleanliness and housekeeping within the explosives storage and processing facilities to prevent theft, accidents or damage to munitions and explosives in storage.
* Support wider depot operations which may include Dangerous Goods Consignor and/or Dangerous Goods Authorised Representative duties.
* Check all routine and/or priority receipts and issues are thoroughly checked paperwork or computer records are correctly.
* Conduct packing, repacking and marking activities.
As you will be interacting with a wide range of internal and external customers and stakeholders, both military and civilian, and including contractors, your strong communication, influencing and leadership skills combined with a calm, collected and collaborative, yet robust, manner are essential to success in this post. Public transport isn't accessible to DM Kineton due to its rural location, so own transport or other alternatives to attend site will be required. Parking is available onsite. Please note:
This post is only available to SOLE UK Nationals.
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* IT Proficient - There will be a range of bespoke computer systems you will need to use.
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience within a Warehouse environment or similar.
* Knowledgeable in the through life management of explosive and non-explosive inventory warehousing activities including road, rail and waterfront support.
* An understanding of Risk Management, including the production of Risk Assessments and other Procedures.
* WOME Safety Awareness.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.