Candiates must hold SC Clearance to apply for this role.
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle. The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise mechanical installation/maintenance activities for the project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
Key Result Areas:
* Qualification in Mechanical Engineering preferred or approved apprenticeship (or equivalent City & Guilds / NVQ) along with experience in mechanical installation environment
* IOSH Managing Safely
* CSCS Card in appropriate discipline
* Site Supervisor Safety Training Course (SSSTC)
* NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
* 10 years Mechanical experience, preferably 5 of which as Foreman/Supervisor, and 3 of these on site, -covering Installation/Maintenance topics
* Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation
* Interpret and work to Mechanical Diagrams and Drawings
* Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
* Minimum security clearance of SC will be required
* Liaison between Designers, Engineers, General Forman and Point of Work
* Supervise the 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent
* Knowledge of Hydraulic Systems an advantage
* At all times set a personal example for employees to follow in the observance of Health and Safety requirements
* Ensure that suitable Risk Assessments (including Point of Work Risk Assessments) have been undertaken, prior to commencement of work, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate, specific Health, Safety and Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW Plan)
* Clear, concise, fluent, oral, written and presentational communicator * Good interpersonal skills * Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments
* Deliver Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs
* Set to Work the Technicians under your control
* Understanding of QC1 build * Persuasive and influential. * Flexible approach.
* Questioning attitude.
* Computer literate with experience in using software packages relevant to the role e.g. word, excel, outlook, internet, etc.
* The ability to produce accurate and appropriate information (e.g. reports, data, etc.) in a timely manner.
* Proactively contributes ideas for change.
* Continually seeks to improve working practice, performance and productivity.
* Actively promotes health and safety.
A copy of the full job description can be supplied if required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.