As part of Corporate Services, the Business Support Officer will be responsible for providing strategic support to the Senior Management Team and Directorates through an assigned portfolio of work.
The post holder will provide dedicated support to assigned members of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for providing a strategic business support function including, but not limited to, budget monitoring, project management, report writing, event management and horizon scanning.
Assigned portfolios will also include business support to wider RBFRS service areas.
The post holder will be focused on delivery a high quality service focused on the customer.
The post holder will be part of the Business Support Team as part of Corporate Services. The Business Support Team is responsible for the provision of strategic business support to the Senior Management Team and associated Directorates. Corporate Services’ purpose is to provide responsive, flexible and resilient strategic business support.
The Business Support Team will provide support to individual members of the Senior Management Team and to teams across RBFRS through service level agreements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take responsibility for specified areas of business support and develop and maintain an understanding of those specified areas, and any associated systems.
- Support the training and development of other members of the Business Support Team on areas of specific responsibility to ensure wider development of team.
- Undertake project management
- Undertake budget monitoring in support of the Senior Management Team.
- Prepare management and Committee reports
- Undertake analysis and research on specific issues.
- Diary management including an awareness of work programmes and associated deadlines
- Prepare and draft responses to correspondence, complaints, Freedom of Information requests, corporate requests for information and local and national matters of public, governmental and national interest.
- Minute meetings as required including CMT, Programme Boards and other meetings as appropriate.
- To lead on the organisation and successful delivery of specific events and visits
- Undertake systems based work through data entry, data interrogation and data assurance.
- Liaise with senior local and central government officers, politicians, community representatives and private and voluntary sector organisation representatives
- Ensuring confidentiality, professional integrity and discretion is maintained at all times.
- Ensure working practices of Business Support Team adhere to RBFRS policies.
- To promote a strong customer focus within the team and the organisation as a whole.