Are you looking for an organisation that cares about the work-life balance of its workforce? An employer who offers structured personal development, progression opportunities and outstanding training? Well look no further!
Life moves fast at HMRC which is why we are the largest Landlord in Government! We’re looking to recruit Property Specialists, Project Managers, Facilities Managers and Engineers along with candidates with expertise in a wide range of property related services that can work at pace in a fast paced and agile workplace.
Working for HMRC Estates
As our Regional Centre Health & Safety Manager role is to deliver HMRC's Health & Safety Policy by Seeking and providing assurance about their building to ensure compliance with legal and departmental standards in the areas of fire safety and building related health and safety.
The key areas of responsibility are recognised as but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with the Estates Health & Safety Specialist to identify any building specific H&S issues arising from the programme of building related health & safety Inspections.
- Resolve and implement solutions to any issues arising as a result of health & safety inspections.
- Develop and implement a full stakeholder management plan for all customers (internal / external) for Estates related health & safety issues.
- Provide health & safety advice and support in respect of Estates issues to Lines of Business to ensure effective risk assessments are in place.
- Develop and maintain the Regional Centre Estates related health & safety risk register advancing any risks as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL: - NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent NQF/QCF level 3 (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) / SCQF Level 6 (Scotland), in Health and Safety Management).
DESIRABLE: - Membership of IOSH or other relevant Health and Safety Organisation.
OUR OFFER We offer you structured personal development, progression opportunities, and outstanding training with some of the most experienced professionals in our industry who are on hand to share their expertise and support. While we work hard, we respect your work-life balance, with flexible working conditions reflecting the best in the sector.
WORKING PATTERN To achieve our Customer Service ambitions the successful candidate for this vacancy will be expected to work full-time, 5/7 contract only. This would see staff routinely working Mon-Fri but allow flexibility for evening and weekend work.
These posts are full time however applicants who wish to work alternative working patterns are welcome to apply. The preferred working pattern may or may not be available, agreement will be subject to business need, and any request to work an alternative working pattern should be made prior to your acceptance of the provisional offer
In addition to this, you will need to be available for out of hours ‘On Call’ as needed in order to respond to any incidents.
ALLOWANCES On Call allowance and Unsociable Hours Payments (UHP) will be payable where applicable and in line with HMRC guidance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent NQF/QCF level 3 (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) / SCQF Level 6 (Scotland), in Health and Safety Management.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Making Effective Decisions
Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
GPP Professional Technical Expertise
• Learning and development tailored to your role • An environment with flexible working options • A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity • A Civil Service pension