Golf Club Name: Huyton & Prescot Golf Club
Title: Assistant Greenkeeper
Reports to: Head Greenkeeper
Based at: Huyton & Prescot Golf Club
Huyton & Prescot Golf Club was founded in 1905 and is home to a gem of a parkland golf course that is only ten miles outside of Liverpool, in the County of Merseyside, and is well within easy reach from the motorway networks. Although our course is sometimes deemed not the longest it is widely regarded as one of the best tests of golf in the North West area, with our tree-lined fairways and undulating greens it will certainly put your course management and golfing abilities under pressure but provide the perfect setting for a great days golfing.
We are currently looking to employ a passionate and ambitious individual as an Assistant Greenkeeper to help maintain the high standards our members and visitors have come to expect at Huyton & Prescot.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- To carry out routine golf course maintenance as directed by the Head Greenkeeper.
- Work will consist of the skilled use of appropriate tools and equipment daily, which include the utilisation of ride-on mowers, tractors, and mounted accessories, as well as pedestrian controlled plant and powered hand tools. A typical working week will include both manual and machinery tasks.
Overall responsibilities will include the following operations:
- Monitor and maintain health & safety and security in the workplace.
- Machine mowing of banks, rough, semi-rough, tees, collars, approaches, fairways, and greens.
- Changing holes.
- Scarifying, verti-cutting, aeration.
- Applying nutrition & top dressing.
- Identifying control of weeds, pests, and control of turf disease and disorders.
- Bunker maintenance.
- Routine machinery maintenance.
- Effective communication.
- Uniform and PPE will be supplied.
The working week will be 40 hours, inclusive of some weekend work, and will vary depending on the season.
- NVQ 2 Sportsturf or equivalent. (Willingness to work towards Level 3 Advanced Greenkeeping).
- PA1, PA2A, PA6 spraying certificates – desirable.
- CA30/C31 chainsaw qualifications – desirable.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to work as part of a team and at times on your own.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
We offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please apply by letter or email enclosing a full C.V. to:
Club Manager, Huyton & Prescot GC, Hurst Park, Huyton, Liverpool, L36 1UA
Closing date 19th March
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry