Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- As Naval Systems Engineering Manager you will report to the Naval Systems Director.
- You will be responsible for Line Management of all Naval Systems engineers.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects with Technical input and expertise.
- Working with the PM team, make detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities.
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Production of proposal documentation and material necessary for the satisfactory response to customer RFQ/RFP requests.
- Capture Customer requirements and translate into system designs.
- Prepare System Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications.
- Prepare Interface Specifications for system and sub-system elements, both internal and external documents.
- Prepare Verification Cross-Reference Matrices.
- Prepare and commission design proving plans and specifications ensuring compliance to the VCRM.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as required.
- Assist with installation and commissioning of systems at customers premises throughout the world (as required in line with business need).
- Support sales and marketing efforts for Systems business activities.
- Ensure that all documentation related to your work is kept accurate and up to date in accordance with BE EN9001:2000 and AS9100.
- Experience operating as an Engineering Team Leader and Project Technical Leader in the defence and aerospace sector.
- Experience of effectively working with leadership teams with excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- A high degree of professionalism, integrity and confidentially.
- The ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines with the ability to work within an agile, fast paced environment.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders to understand diverse and complex requirements.
- A team-orientated approach with the ability to build effective working relationships with Direct Reports and Leadership teams at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail with a proactive attitude and can-do approach.
- Experience of overseas travel working in complex environments in line with key projects and business priorities.
- Have the ability to liaise with customers verbally and in writing in an effective manner, producing reports and participating in formal design reviews.
- Have the ability to fit in and work well both in a team and in working autonomously when required.
- Degree in Engineering is preferred and/or must have strong knowledge or a technical understanding of engineering level key deliverables.
- Proficient in performing engineering calculations.
- Must have previous experience in a similar level position, preferably in a small or medium-sized company and/or relevant business model.
- Experience of working in ideally the Defence or related sectors particularly in R&D and manufacturing.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other