Reporting to the Regional Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage and supervise fleet, facilities maintenance, stores, a co-generation facility and its employees. The candidate will be required to develop fleet maintenance programs to oversee all fleet acquisitions, maintenance/repairs, maintain all vehicle-licensing requirements and ensure liability coverage. Furthermore, schedule all property maintenance including substations and co-generation facility. Where required coordinate on-site maintenance inspections, audits, work observations and conduct incident investigations as required; develop trends and root causes to create corrective actions plans to prevent reoccurrences. Ensure compliance with the Company's Health and Safety policies and procedures as well as adhere and comply with all outside legislation and standards. Ensure proper certification and training of all reports is scheduled and completed. Position will include responsibilities for materials management, which will require the approval of inventory purchases and ensure proper inventory control levels.
In order to be successful in this position the candidate will require a combination of solid inventory management and tracking experience, a maintenance background, technical knowledge, willingness to learn, excellent communication skills, problem solving capabilities, and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization. Preference will be given to 4th Class Operating Engineers. If you happen to be seeking a rewarding career, opportunity to work both independently, be part of a collaborative and dynamic team with an attractive compensation package and more - we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate must have the following minimum attributes, skills and qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or three (3) year college technical diploma with related qualifications in business administration, accounting and inventory management or specialized on-the-job training.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience supervising in a related field or by having the equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- 4th Class Operating Engineer certificate is an asset.
- Conduct research into service-related issues and have some knowledge of heavy-duty trucks.
- Ability to lead in a team environment and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills to effectively address day-to-day operations of the department.
- An unrelenting commitment and passion to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Must have ability to hold and maintain a Valid Ontario "DZ" license with a clean driving abstract.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other