THE JOB TITLE: Senior Quality Engineer
THE PRODUCT: Component Manufacturing
THE SALARY PACKAGE: Up to £50,000 Basic + Benefits
THE LOCATION: West Manchester
As an organisation, this company both manufactures (and remanufactures) a range of components that is sold to both OE and Aftermarket industries. As a business that is experiencing growth (even during these uncertain times) they are now looking for an individual to take responsibility for the engineering department.
THE ROLE OF A SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER:
Working as the senior quality engineer and reporting directly to the MD and the engineering manager your role will be diverse and multi-faceted. Responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the supplier Quality management process.
- Develop, manage and take full control of the QA function for:
- Develop the entire QA aspect of the manufacturing operations to ensure product conformity to developed / agreed standards.
- Work closely with other engineers, the purchasing manager, and product development teams ensuring global Quality Control process for both proposed, new and existing product ranges.
- Support the development of major OEM and key account business.
- Oversee product support functions that provide both internal and external customer support.
- Cultivate and drive cross-functional alignment among group companies..
- Take full responsibility for outbound product quality, including aesthetic issues such as uniformity of packaging / branding.
- Develop, oversee and audit all aspects of the inbound product batch testing process, ensuring timely inspection and release of product to saleable stock.
- Manage the supplier quality database, strengthening relationships with component suppliers (worldwide), and assisting in product improvements
- Perform periodic audits of supplier facilities, and engage positively with suppliers regarding process improvements.
- Audit and develop existing in house manufacturing techniques, and further develop same to ensure highest quality standards are adhered to
- Manage all aspects of ISO accreditation(s) and renewals.
EXPERIENCE IDEALLY REQUIRED FOR A SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER:
As an individual you will ideally be:
- A professional QA specialist, with demonstrated industry experience.
- Successful track record of effective QMS management in a component manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of ISO standards
- Strong planning and analytical skills with good attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
CLICK TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE OF SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER
THE CONSULTANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS VACANCY IS: GAVIN COLLIER
FOR FURTHER AFTERMARKET VACANCIES: Please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIN and Facebook.
WE OPERATE A REFERRAL BONUS SCHEME: If you feel that this vacancy is not suitable for you or that, we would like to offer you the opportunity to recommend someone to us and earn a referral bonus in gift vouchers of your choice
Please note: we can only offer a referral bonus on candidates that are successfully placed in a new position. You will be posted your vouchers by first class recorded delivery the day that your recommended candidate starts their new position.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Less than 1 year
Some Secondary School Coursework