Working under the direction of the Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of design solutions within a multi-discipline engineering team, supporting product development at Product Company, Clevedon
- To design and develop modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with Product Commercialisation Process (PCP) ensuring that the required reliability, quality and cost targets are met
- To meet the Master Specification targets and ensure conformance to the relevant international, national and industry safety standards
- To verify that the designs meet the Master Specification and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed project time scale
- Responsible for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner and placed in the Technical Construction File (TCF)
Qualifications & Experience:
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other engineering qualification depending on experience)
- At least 5 years' post degree experience of working on whole system design and development in a Development environment.
- Ability to form and lead teams, coordinating actions to specific goals
- In-depth experience in product introductions and experience of managing elements of larger projects in support.
- Experience in directing the work, mentoring and supporting more junior engineers and designers
- A high level of 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- FEA and CFD skills would be an advantage
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other