Housing Support Officer needed Portsmouth paying £16.71 per hr PAYE Ref: 5166241
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis
- Receive, assess and where necessary action, customer demand relating to the provision and management of private sector housing, particularly the private rental sector
- Carry out reactive, routine or proactive visits to private rental properties and, where necessary, undertaking Housing Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments.
- Where problems are discovered with the provision of housing, working with landlords and tenants to find the best solution, always aiming to keep the tenant in their home wherever possible.
- investigate complaints in respect to statutory duties or regulations
- carry out inspections and monitoring as required to ensure that actions are undertaken and outcomes are achieved
- Ensure that health and welfare of tenants is maintained in accordance with legislation and, where applicable, the needs of any licence.
- Ensure that legislation and local policy regarding HMOs is adhered to, providing information on licence conditions where appropriate, and monitoring compliance with these conditions.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to customers contacting the service ensuring regulatory compliance through education and advice.
- Take enforcement action, where required and preparing for cases which may go to tribunal or court. On occasions this may including attending court to give evidence.
- Preparing and serving formal enforcement notices.
- Using professional judgement to make decisions on the best course of action, while dealing with potentially confrontational situations with landlords and tenants assertively.
- Commit to the continual development of the service and personal professional development.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services