KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills and Employability sectors.
Job Title: Instructional Designer – Quality Assurance
Location: Home/Field and centre based - with travel for client visits and other company centres, meetings or events in the UK as required (may involve overnights stays)
Salary/Package: Circa £35,000 + Excellent Benefits Package comprising of a generous holiday entitlement, contributory pension scheme, various employee perks, insurances + more!
Type: 35 hours Monday to Friday, Permanent
The role requires flexibility with some out of hours work which does also include weekends
Essential Criteria for all candidates:
- Proven experience as an instructional designer / designer of learning or curriculum development.
- Able to demonstrate experience of quality inspection, auditing and testing.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of applying learning principles
- Knowledge of UK regulatory requirements and awarding body landscape
- Experience of working with Articulate, Moodle and Storyline
- Good computer skills and digital I.T working experience
- Able to follow standard assessment design through assessment measures
- Hold experience of implementing corrective measures
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- To hold an understanding of the technical language used, methodologies, tools and concepts of quality assurance
- Ability to communicate, build rapport and influence others
- Happy to travel for visits to clients and other company centres, meetings or events in the UK as required.
- The role requires flexibility with some out of hours work which does also include weekends
- Working to an agreed product brief and specification; the Instructional Designer – Quality Assurance will ensure all products are developed within budget and timescale whilst also adhering to all quality assurance requirements.
- Working collaboratively to create and quality assure products, providing solutions as they are required
- Gain an excellent understanding of the organisations product and standards landscape whilst maintaining a continuous knowledge of the product portfolio
- Providing guidance throughout the design process, ensuring specifications meet product brief and are mapped against membership, SFIA and standards criteria whilst also providing measurable outcomes.
- Train and coach subject matter experts as required
- Working flexibly to continuously identify areas for improvement
- Carry out and take part in design planning meetings to support in design and development and to find solutions to development issues.
- Be able to provide an accurate estimate of time required to assure product quality
- Responsible for preparing test plans and reviewing product against these to ensure regulations and standards are met
- Ensure communication is clear across departments to enable defects to be identified and corrected promptly with plans implemented to avoid a recurrence
- Use various applications to maintain track of projects, ensuring timescales and budgets are being met at all times
- Develop systems for gaining, analysing and taking action on quality assurance feedback
- Maintain awareness across the market for new technologies and trends to ensure the best experience is offered
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Secondary School or equivalent