Principal Building Surveyor needed in Bristol £28.77ph PAYE - Reference:RQ415694
you will be the main source of professional advice and managing the delivery of the capital repairs and maintenance programme across the corporate estate and procuring and managing minor capital projects and providing a specialist technical and professional role on major projects.
Line managing two Building Surveyors, you will also work closely with the Building Services and Energy Manager and the Facilities Manager to ensure a comprehensive and co-ordinated service is delivered across the estate and that achieves value for money and can deliver its services and meet corporate objectives.
You will be responsible for preparing and submitting reports to enable informed decisions are made in the best long term interests and critical to the effective running of the estate will be maintenance planning and the post holder is responsible for condition surveys and preparing and updating a 30 year programme in respect of building maintenance requirements.
YOU MUST IDEALLY HAVE: -
A professional qualification and ideally a management qualification at NVQ 4 level, or equivalent relevant experience
- have proven experience of effectively managing service delivery.
- Experience of planning and progressing projects and demonstrate in depth knowledge of service specific and professional issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of software packages and in house systems.
- able to persuade others and influence outcomes critical to the organisation.
- Ideally you need to demonstrate a working knowledge of local government and the relevant service area or department.
- financial experience or training sufficient to manage budgets effectively.
This is working full time hours on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services