Senior Java Engineer, Spring Boot
This is a permanent position to work for a Global Consulting firm, working on an indefinite programme of work for an exciting client in the Financial Services sector.
The role whilst remote for now, will require an on-site presence in Glasgow on a regular basis towards the end of the year.
You must have expertise working with Java 8+, Spring rest and Spring boot micro services.
Required Knowledge and Wider Tech Stack:
• Experience with core Java specifically around multi-threading and collections and Spring Libraries, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud, Spring Batch, RESTful Webservices and Spring Boot.
• Hands-on development experience on High availability / low latency applications
• Experience of design, development, testing and deployment of web applications on a cloud environment and on premise environments.
• Exposure to at-least one cloud-based implementation is desirable.
• some experience in frontend technologies React JS or MVC (AngularJS, Backbone), HTML, CSS, etc.
• Solid knowledge of SQL in the context of a major RDBMS such as Oracle/MySQL/DB2.
• Excellent knowledge and hands on experience on NoSQL DBs Cassandra/Redis/MongoDB
• Methodologies - Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven Development.
• Experience with App servers (WebSphere / WebLogic /Liberty)
• Experience in HTML,CSS, JSP, Servlets and JSF
• Unit testing using Junit and Mockito.
• Well versed with design standards & frameworks.
• Experience in managing and maintaining Dev-ops pipelines and development automation.
• Excellent Technical Documentation and presentation skills
• Experience and knowledge of code versioning tools i.e. Github/Gitlab, SVN
• Experience and knowledge in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
If you are interested in hearing more please get in touch ASAP.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet