DE&S are looking for a talented engineer to join their Military Equipment Tooling Solutions (METS) team in Portsmouth, providing support to the range of platforms in the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force. Engineers within the METS team are responsible for the procurement and in-service support for all tooling and toolkits used throughout the tri-service.
In this post, your main area of focus will be to research and create engineering drawings, toolkit layouts, tool lists and associated graphics using a variety of software packages. You must have the ability to help identify, formulate and solve engineering and/or technology problems. Your role will require you to have good verbal and written communication skill and you will be required to work with a broad range of stakeholders, at all levels, inside and outside the team.
Please be advised that this position is predominately office based, within Portsmouth Naval Base.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Use of design software to develop models and drawings of new and existing products
- Design of tooling solutions in accordance with Customer requirements to exacting weight and size restrictions
- Collaboration with Design Engineers and Production Team to ensure correct production standards
- Development of test prototypes
- Assessment of engineering prototypes to determine risks or issues
- Addition of new, and maintenance of current, tool records within the tool library
- Identification of new solutions to improve efficiency
- Creation and adjustment of toolpaths for manufacture
- Respond to Customer technical queries
- Complete investigations into defects and equipment failures.
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other