What you will be doing…
As the Health and Safety Specialist, you will support the Aberdare Site with all Health and Safety matters necessary for legislative compliance, safe methods of working, statutory requirements, the Company's Health & Safety Policy and the protection of employees, plant, property and all Environmental matters including waste management and reporting.
- Ensure robust investigations are conducted, supporting the investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences ensuring that resultant reports recommend preventative measures, assist in reducing insurance claims and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Chair the monthly Health & Safety Committee meetings for Aberdare site.
- Regular follow-up of measures/actions to ensure full completion and implementation to prevent any further re-occurrence.
- Carry out an active role in assessing risks and advising on appropriate control measures.
- Lead the Aberdare Behavioural Safety program, facilitating and conducting routine Behavioural Safety walks.
- Regularly inspect and audit the Aberdare site, plant equipment and systems to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements and Company Health, Safety & Environment policy.
- Advise on the safety requirements of proposed new plant, equipment and buildings to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements, Company Health, Safety & Environment policy and Planning requirements.
- Advise on personal protective equipment to ensure the well-being of employees and compliance with Statutory requirements.
- Represent the Aberdare site in meetings with external Inspectorates, including the Health & Safety Executive, and Fire Authority as well as appropriate Insurance bodies.
- Advise, maintain and monitor all COVID 19 requirements as per company and government guidelines.
- Strive to achieve ISO 45001 by working to the set guidance of the standard.
- Maintain all Environmental standards, Including Waste management, Statutory inspections, Month reporting to group and annual reports.
What we are looking for…
The successful Health and Safety Advisor should be educated to HNC / Degree level in a technical subject with proven experience of working in a Health & Safety role ideally within a manufacturing environment. In addition, knowledge of HSE legislation and good practice will be essential with a formal Health and Safety qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma.The successful candidate will also have excellent communication and inter-personal skills together with strong organisational ability. Tenacity and the drive to succeed are additional qualities required in this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other