Purpose of Position
This role is the creative force behind the development of an HMI for a military communication systems. This role works within a system team matrixed to all parts of the program that employs a mix of waterfall and agile development methods to develop the HMI.
The work includes requirements development, UX research including user task and needs development and HMI testing and UX design including HMI structure and flow and associated documentation. This role participates in the design governance process, advocating for the user's needs, and is an opportunity to collaborate and work with a diverse, highly experienced and talented team committed to delivering our defence program.
This role reports to the HFE Technical Lead and requires working closely with Human Factors, System and Software Architect and Software design and the UX Research team. The UX designer must have proven experience as a designer or UI software developer, have a strong portfolio of design projects, understand how to work with project and engineering management, be familiar with interaction design, knowledge of UI coding languages, excellent problem solving skills. You must have a strong desire to help and mentor others on the team with an attitude of "we only succeed if we all succeed". A UX Designer with research experience is highly desirable. A UX Designer cross trained in UI development (C#) is also highly desired.
- Understand the product requirements and user psychology
- Conduct user research to solicit needs and develop requirements
- Structural design, develop interaction models
- Develop wireframe and wire flow designs
- Prototype design concepts and test
- Work with development to communicate design and design concepts
- Work with UI development to review component design and implement
- Verify UI implementation against the design and note discrepancies in defects
- Develop user stories (requirements) for software development
- Write test procedures for evaluating the design using standard UX
- Conduct testing, complete results analysis and write conclusions
- Support System Engineering and Software development planning work
- Help write / maintain the HFI HMI Specification, Style Guide, Behaviour Modal and Case Report
- Deliver weekly progress and next steps reports
- Participate in UX team meetings
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working with MoD stakeholders, user communities and within MoD environments is highly desired.
- Experience working with requirements capture, development and implementation.
- Applies UX and design principles, theories and concepts.
- Axure skills desirable.
- Understanding of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies desirable.
- Good Microsoft Office & Visio experience.
- Applies knowledge effectively in a team environment.
- Knows how to draw on the knowledge of others and contribute to other's learning
- Support and respond to project and program interdependencies.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other