Workshop Service Engineer - Heavy Plant Machinery
£30,000 - £33,000 PA
Permanent or T2P
My clients are a leading manufacturer of special purpose machinery predominantly used in the construction sector . Based in Northamptonshire, they are centrally placed and easily accessible from several locations in the East Mids. This will be the ideal position for you if you have come from a construction, heavy plant or agricultural servicing background, with an NVQ level 3 in Plant maintenance or engineering equivalent. These machines are built in abroad and shipped globally. This site is effectively a service and maintenance hub for the UK (a large workshop / garage). They take in machines that need servicing / maintaining / fixing, and dispatch service engineers to customers site.
The Role: You will be based in the workshop, working on machines that have been bought in. You will be fitting, repairing and fault finding on both mechanical and electrical parts. This is a very varied role which requires a person with the initiative, and knowledge to deal with any, and all problem you are presented with.
- A typical day could be that a machine, or part of a machine have been bought in and you will need to service / maintaining / or fix it.
- This is a very varied role, and you will certainly not be repeating the same task over and over.
- You will be required to remove large items, often using equipment such as slings, pulleys and forklifts.
- You will dis- assemble and re-assemble sub-assemblies looking for faults
What components would you be working on / building / assembling?
Mech - Sections, Gear Boxes, Tracks, Re-sealing Areas, Rams, Hydraulics, Large Rotary’s, Bushes, Straightening Metal, Spoil Seams, Removing Hydraulic Housings, Replacing Levers
Elec – Leavers, Limit Switches, Cable / Wire Repairs, PCB’s
Software – Embedded Software (own brand), Fault Fining on HMI’s in the Cabs
What are looking for in a candidate?
- Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance / Fault Finding / Fitting
- Able to fault find using Engineering, Electrical and Hydraulic Drawings
- Engineering skills, understands how machines work, and what the likely faults are
- Think outside the box, Initiative & Adaptable
- Physically Fit (it’s graft)
- Formal training - NVQ 3 in Plant Maintenance would be amazing or a relevant Apprenticeship
- Good communication skills
What the company will offer the successful candidate?
- Full product training
- The chance for progression into a field-based role
- Permanent employment
To apply to this vacancy or to enquire about any other of the opportunities ATA has to offer please call 07815728158 and ask for Hayley Tibbetts. Alternatively please send your CV to [email protected] or visit to see all of our current vacancies.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector IT & Internet