Head Chef required to cover maternity leave. Must be a car driver due to location.
Hours of work:
An average of 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Working a shift pattern with alternate weekends off:
- Early Shift: 6.00am – 2.00pm
- Late Shift: 11.30am – 7.30pm
- Split Shift: 6.00am–2.00pm/4.00pm-7.30pm (limited shift)
A degree of flexibility with working hours will be required at busy times. The rota pattern will be discussed at interview.
Due to the vacancy, you will be required to be DBS checked.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensuring Exceptional Culinary Food Quality
- To assist with food production and food service.
- To comply with all statutory, legislative, and departmental requirements relating to Health, Hygiene and Safety.
- To prepare and cook high quality dishes as required for events such as conferences, weddings and banquets.
- To monitor food levels during various service periods.
- To give direction to other members of the team and supervise in the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chefs.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Food Safety Act are met and report any concerns to the Head Chef.
- To liaise with, and work along members of the Food Service Team.
- To ensure the Food Service Team are aware of food allergens at the various service times.
- To maintain the required standards of personal hygiene and tidiness within the kitchen areas.
- To place food orders as required.
- To ensure, when necessary, that all products are checked on delivery and stored in the appropriate areas.
- To use an electronic database to gain information regarding events, and producing food as required for the various events.
- To adhere to Health & Safety legislation, reporting incidents to the Head Chef.
- To maintain departmental standards of tidiness and cleanliness.
- To offer guidance and training to junior members of the kitchen brigade.
- To work as a team player to ensure all departmental requirements are met in full.
Temporary, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Weekend working and Bank Holiday rates will be higher
- Industry Sector Catering & Hospitality