Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company as a Software Design and Development Engineer within Embedded Software Development.
This is a hands-on, technical role and will involve designing, implementing and testing the subsystem software products and evolutions for future products.
You will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of the company systems.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Technical experience in Embedded Software (C )
- Experience of RTOS (Real Time Operating Systems)
- Ability to debug complex problems.
- A 'Can do' and flexible approach, focused on a timely high quality delivery.
- A focus on code quality and to engage in code and design reviews.
- Development of maintainable and extensible code (to adapt to the change in requirements etc.)
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development
- Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in ADA (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS.
- Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
For more information please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other