Leading rail engineering organisation seeks to employ a Resource Manager with experience of working in the rail industry for an opportunity based in Buckinghamshire or London.
This is a new role following a recent reorganization of the company where a new department has been formed. This department focuses on the supply of blue and white collar resource for rail systems (signalling, power, telecoms, security etc) projects around the UK. Recently this leading brand has procured a new resource planning tool to bring greater efficiency to resource management and away from complex spreadsheets. We are looking for someone who can be a dedicated Resource Manager to lead on production of new ways of working, implementation and embedment of the software. You will be a subject matter expert for resourcing and demonstrate value for money brought by the software.
- Embed the resource planning software into the department ensuring all requirements to successfully run the software are met
- Produce and maintain a plan for all transitional elements of resource management
- Update Resource Management chapter of the Department Handbook to reflect the ways of working with a clear process map to describe the request/approval/conflict management of resource allocation
- Lead on developing a training plan for all for all users of the software and the new ways of working
- Align new ways of working for resource management with the production of the Proposal Estimates (PESTs) for new projects or next stage authority, ensuring change to resource forecasts are incorporated into cost forecasts
- Align new ways of working with the project initiation
- Align new ways of working with the departments workbank management
- Align new ways of working for resource management with the production of project schedules
- Align new ways of working with the request for capability through the departments frameworks
- Use data from existing department resource spreadsheet to form the starting point for the new resource planning software
- Lead the department resource service, managing day to day delivery of resource requests and allocation oversee the implementation of policies around the request, allocation and use of resources
- Maintain integrity of the new software, establishing the clear process of maintaining accurate resource lists and workbank
- Provide support to software users including the creation of accounts, training and first port of call for issue/problem resolution
- Develop the production of regular, automated business information from the software that provides visibility and enables project leads and capability owners to make business decisions
- Develop business information to be reported to Director level showing load vs capacity of the company and delivery partners resources highlighting risk and issues and mitigating options
To be considered for the role of Resource Manager candidates must have experience of working in a similar resource deployment role in the rail industry. You must have the drive to utilise IT systems and move away from complex spreadsheets. If you have experience using resource planning tools such as Team Planner then this would be an added advantage.
In return you will be offered an attractive salary accompanied with a benefits package.
To apply is easy, contact Oli or just simply apply online
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other