Location: Office in Birmingham however you may be asked to travel to other offices and client sites.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will provide contractual commercial and financial input on awarded Projects (including agreements with Subcontractors, Vendors etc) to ensure the Company's contractual, commercial position is protected at all times.
The role will require frequent liaison with the Project Teams including Procurement in order to provide appropriate and timely advice concerning financial and contractual related matters in connection with Projects.
In addition, the role will seek to optimise the Company's profitability by the effective control of projects and the management of risk, being proactive, integrating and supporting the Project Team at all times with appropriate and timely advice concerning financial and contractual related matters in connection with Awarded Projects.
Key responsibilities will be but not limited to;
- Day to day commercial management of projects.
- Prepare, collate and review the monthly financial reporting information (budgeting and forecasting), preparing interim Application for Payment in accordance with the contract conditions in a timely manner.
- Record and evaluate appropriate records of change at an early and appropriate time, ensuring adequate day to day records of notable events on the site are recorded in a methodical and ordered manner.
- To establish via the Procurement Managers and Project Manager, a suitable procurement schedule for the Project establishing key dates for the placing of orders and the delivery of the goods and service. Review enquiries to ensure that they reflect the requirements of the Main Contract particularly in respect of scope, specification, programme, testing and performance requirements. Promote the receipt and evaluation of quotations by the Procurement Managers and to provide commercial input to ensure that commitments are made at the earliest opportunity and in accordance with the agreed procurement schedule.
- Prepare formal agreements with Subcontractors and Vendors to ensure that they are in accordance with the Company's practice and that the agreements are formally executed. The executed document is to be retained and stored appropriately.
- Provide details of payment applications to the accounts department and ensure payments are received from the Client / Purchaser on time and for the correct amount.
- To ensure that Main Contract, Subcontract and Vendor agreements are understood by all members of the Project Team by providing instruction and guidance.
- To ensure that instructions, payment notices and contractual notices are given to Subcontractors and Vendors in a timely and appropriate manner securing at all times the Companies commercial position.
- As and when required provide commercial input with regard to tenders and proposals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to HNC/D level in a construction related discipline (or equivalent work-related experience).
- Degree in a construction / building / QS related subject would prove advantageous.
- MRICS qualification / Membership of RICS would be desired.
- Experience of working with different Forms of Contract including ICHEME and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Strong, proven experience, in water related and or design and build process projects.
- Experience of working on a number of projects, with excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a proactive, approachable working style.
- Autonomous with a good level of competency in all Google Suite applications.
- Proactive, professional and approachable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other