Defence Munitions Receive Store, Maintain & Issue a wide range of munitions that are used by the UK armed forces to train, protect and serve anywhere in the world. Our Defence Munitions staff work closely with DE&S project teams and front-line commands in order to ensure our troops have the right items at the right time. We work as an important part of the wider MoD establishment that supports, procures and supplies our troops, providing them with a range of munitions from bullets, shells, and flares up to and including and complex weapons such as high-calibre ammunition and guided or targeted weapons.
As a Level 1 in Supply Chain Management you will be working as part of the Central Demand Cell team helping to ensure the delivery of a wide range of munitions to the UK Armed Forces for use on training and operations anywhere in the world. You will utilise your skills in both integrated logistics and stakeholder engagement to work closely with the wider Defence Munitions, DE&S Project Teams and Front-Line Commands to ensure the correct and timely processing of customer demands thereby contributing to the efficient and effective functioning of the munitions supply chain.
As part of the Central Demand Cell team you will also be primarily responsible for the accurate processing of receipt, issue and internal redistribution tasks to Defence Munitions sites through the ASTRID / AMANDA IT systems. This post will also require a degree of data analysis and provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with senior colleagues and Armed Services customers.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure that a high-quality service is delivered, and this will be demonstrated through your ability to collaborate with others to deliver a positive outcome. Having a good eye for detail and dealing with the management of data will play a vital part of this post.
Key activities may include:
* Manage and monitor inventory levels to inform the forecasting of demands.
* Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Process, manage and authorise orders in a timely and accurate manner.
* Update and maintain item and data records accurately to ensure process compliance and operational efficiency.
* Comply with appropriate policy and safety requirements at all times.
* Escalate any complex issues to senior colleagues and suggest areas for improvement where necessary. * Monitor deliveries and dues in and hasten where necessary to ensure inventory is kept at required levels.
* Contributing to development include proposing and implementing improvements to current working methods.
The role will require you to be proactive and able to work independently, therefore, having good communication skills both verbally and in writing are key. You will need to have a flexible attitude and be conscientious in your work with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above (or equivalent/further academic evidence) OR relevant experience in a similar environment would also be acceptable.
* IT skills, with good understanding of Microsoft office tools as well as being articulate and precise in communicating information.
* The role will also require you to have good analytical skills therefore a good understanding of Microsoft excel is required.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other