As part of this role, the candidate should expect to carry out work within the following areas:
- Assess and advise on proposed developments to ensure full consideration is given to incorporation of opportunities to enhance and develop ecological aspects of development planning.
- Advise on planning development management; highway development control, highway maintenance and water quality
- Advise on the design, construction and maintenance of SuDs to integrate the natural environment and deliver biodiversity and green infrastructure enhancements in urban design through sustainable drainage
- Assessment and provision of advice on developments
- Provide training, briefings and advice to officers, Councillors and other local authorities
- Monitor developments to ensure compliance with ecological conditions and obligations.
- Advise and influence colleagues and organisations, internally and externally to ensure the council's duties with respect to national standards and corporate objectives are met.
- To maintain good working relationships to ensure effective working practices.
- To remain continually up to date with all relevant legislation, appropriate guidance, national standards and policies and other good practice relating to SuDs, sustainable development and biodiversity and green infrastructure
The role will be based mainly from home in the first instance, with occasional office based work as restrictions lift.
Rates will range between £28 and £40/h outside IR35.
Interviews will take place in late March/early April with a view to starting mid-late April 2021.
They are looking for someone who can work 2-3 days per week.
To apply or for more information, please call Daniel Baker on 01489 898 975.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other