Please note: this role closes for applications at 23:55 on 21st March 2021
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Appointment.
As a Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for contributing in the development, monitoring and validation of demand and supply plans, and/or the development and promulgation of supply chain policy and process. This will involve working directly for supply chain management leaders within our business.
Given our broad and fast-paced environment, you will be quickly identifying sub-optimal performance within our business and able to deliver corrective action that delivers continuous improvement allowing our Armed Forces to have the right equipment at the right time and cost. It's a complex and varied role that requires the robust and effective delivery of inventory and materiel accounting policy and process, including: pricing, item records and loans' management, alongside the governance and leadership of critical purchasing decisions, capital asset repair and how to effectively utilize MOD's Log to keep military equipment operating to best effect.
Optimisation decisions regarding the MOD inventory is also key to ensure 'right sizing' for current and future demands. You will also take responsibility for the management of Supply Chain activities in your area; providing resolution to problems and where appropriate direction via prioritization and workload balancing to deliver a range of complex and time-sensitive outputs that support your customers in the Front-Line Commands and/or DE&S Delivery Teams.
As a Supply Chain Manager within the Tornado Delivery Team, you will be responsible for supporting Tornado Deactivation activities. Defence Equipment Sales Authority (DESA) is the sole authority within the Ministry of Defence (MOD) for the sale of surplus military equipment and inventory from the UK Armed Forces.
Your role as Supply Chain Manager is multi-faceted, involving a broad range of duties, and the balancing of priorities. It will include the following:
- Responsibility and accountability for the Tornado inventory, monitoring disposal activity and achieving in-year control totals.
- Monitoring, maintaining and reviewing financial data, carrying out stock movement and inventory transactional data (both on and off-system) analysis.
- Review and reconcile Public Store Accounts and Assets in Industry returns.
- Investigating, reconciling and adjusting discrepancies between the various inventory management systems.
- Provide quality assurance to item data records.
- Interrogating the following systems: Management of Joint Deployable Inventory (JDI), Base Inventory Warehouse Management System (BIWMS), and CADAPS.
What you will be assessed against
To progress to the first stage - the CV Sift - your CV must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working within a Supply Chain discipline, responsible for stock accounting and disposal.
- Stakeholder management skills, engaging at all levels internal and external.
- Ability to review and identify when deliverables and / or services are failing to be delivered within scope and take affective and appropriate action.
- Able to demonstrate strong IT and MS Office competence.
- Proven knowledge of defence / military inventory plus material accounting systems and financial accounting - MJDI , BIWMS
It may benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Experience of working in an aerospace defence / military aircraft environment.
To determine if you progress from the CV sift to the Interview Stage, your CV will be scored against the following -
- Key achievements
- Relevant experience
- Applied knowledge and skills
Please ensure your CV includes written, detailed examples of each.
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other