As Senior Information Systems Specialist, you will work with Canada and sub-contractors to design the projects' information system infrastructure, including software, virtualization, networks, storage, security devices, architecture, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop plans, processes and procedures as required in support of program requirements
- Define the requirements for, and plan the development of, a land-based CIS integration and testing environments
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven Experience Required in the following areas:
- Designing complex, multi-layer, switched networks Coordination with a complex organization
- Designing fault tolerance, redundant, scalable, information system infrastructure
- Knowledge of Naval Combat System technology
- Experience in the installation and integration of hardware and software systems aboard Naval Platforms
- Cisco Certified Design Professional
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (Any of: Routing and Switching, Data Center, Security)
- Experience in installation, integration and management of hardware and software systems in a land-based testing environment
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With 8 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Canada over the last 6 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I understand how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other