- Assist in the management and development of administrative systems and procedures for the NRSWA, as amended by the TMA, and the council's permit schemes to ensure permit applications are correctly received and assessed.
- Carry out assessment, co-ordination activities and proactive review of planned works and schemes around development related works affecting the road network and approving Provisional Advance Authorisation (PAA) and Permit Application highlighting any co-ordination issues.
- Manage the interface between utility works and other projects taking into consideration wider implications on the network.
- Undertake review and assessment of submitted traffic schemes and traffic management plans which form part of the planning application, DCO and S278 agreement with all stakeholders accordingly.
- Assess permit applications for accuracy and potential breaches of the NRSWA, TMA and the council's permit schemes, discussing details with the works promoters where these do not comply and applying judgement as to any subsequent action, including implementation of the fixed penalty notice (FPN) process to drive improvement and thereby the potential for coordination, granting or refusing Permit Applications in line with the requirements of the permit scheme applying relevant conditions where applicable.
- Undertake continuous monitoring of Permit applications, major projects and programmes to identify works clashes and collaboration opportunities, based on system advice, experience and local knowledge, and proactively advise and/or negotiate with works promoters on alternative dates to ensure minimal disruption.
- Assist in coordinating and challenging works promoters on their works arrangements including timing, duration, location and traffic management, negotiating to reach an agreement between all parties.
- To keep abreast of technical developments and changes in legislation to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and to be able to take forward innovation relating to the duties of the post.
- In liaison with Inspection and Enforcement officers, assist in coordinating all highways activities alongside those activities notified via the council's permit schemes in line with the principals of the TMA, NRSWA and the Network Management Team Coordination Policy and to assist all staff with the interpretation of Regulations and Codes of Practice related to the Acts.
- To inspect active works site for compliance with the red book and to inspect reinstatements to ensure they comply with the SORH.
- Represent the Council at relevant Traffic Liaison Group and Co-ordination Group meetings focussing on works planning and implementation issues. Attend site meetings with the representative of the Metropolitan Police, Transport for London and Utility Companies or their agents and any other stakeholders to co-ordinate highways activities.
- Advise on appropriate traffic management requirements for works sites considering the need for operative and public safety, and maintaining the expeditious movement of traffic, in line with Safety at Street Works and Road Works A Code of Practice (red book) and Chapter Eight requirements.
- Undertake Street Works Stakeholder engagement with particular reference to Councillors and Residents, responding to and resolving enquiries received via email, Service Request, personal visit or telephone and updating the Inspection and Enforcement Team and web pages when required to ensure continually improving customer care. Including notifying works to Councillors and Senior Management in line with the Street Works Policy.
- Produce various reports providing weekly road works bulletins and other major works reports to monitor and review the impact of major works on the borough network.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to promote greater awareness and understanding of any major development related issue likely to impact on their area.
- Review all applications for Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders and agree necessity for Order and also suitability of any diversion route required with respect to other activities on the street. Work with the Project Teams, colleagues, the TFL and other relevant stakeholders to develop robust mitigation and monitoring strategies to minimise disruption resulting from development related works and other major works in the vicinity
- To liaise with Symology and IT to ensure that the Street Works Register is maintained correctly, carrying out weekly file corrections - interpreting the results and rectifying any corrupt files, identifying refinements and additions to the system, updating the National Street Works Gazetteer as required and ensuring that the Register is amended accordingly.
- To represent the Council's interests by giving evidence in a Court of Law on all matters relating to incidents on the Public Highway.
- To provide as necessary supporting documentation to assist in the recovery of the Council's costs in respect of rechargeable works.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other